Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I see a psychiatrist?
What is telepsychiatry?
Telepsychiatry is the delivery of psychiatric assessment and care through videoconferencing. (definition courtesy of psychiatry.org)
Is Dr. Cisse my psychiatrist, prior to the initial consult?
Does Dr. Cisse accept insurance?
What will the initial evaluation entail?
What should I prepare before the initial evaluation?
- So you’ve just scheduled an appointment with Dr. Cisse on the website
- Afterwards, you will receive an email notification confirming the appointment date and time
- Dr. Cisse will be alerted to your scheduled appointment and will then enable access to the patient portal
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an invite to onpatient.com, in your email inbox
- Please log in and set up an account; when done click ‘Connect’
- Then proceed to ‘Check in’, where you will complete the onboarding questionnaire and e-sign the consent forms
- Once everything is completed, click ‘I’m done’
How do I access the video teleconference platform?
- Prior to the start of the appointment, please type (doxy.me/drcisse) into your web browser or click on the link, provided in the appointment reminder email.
- Compatible web browsers include: Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. If you are using an Apple computer, please use Google Chrome. If you plan to use an iPhone or iPad, please download the Doxy.me app. If you have any further questions or need technical support, please contact Doxy.me.
- Please allow your browser permission to use the device´s camera and microphone for the appointment
- A check in box will appear and there will be a prompt for your name. It is suggested that you give your first name and last initial so that Dr. Cisse is informed that you’re in the waiting room.
- doxy.me provides the option to text Dr. Cisse through the platform. Dr. Cisse will send you a text once she is ready to start the session. If you do send a text, please realize that Dr. Cisse might be in another telepsychiatry appointment and might not be able to respond right away.
What happens if my equipment doesn’t work?
Can I have my husband, wife, mother or friend listen in on my session?
What if I have an emergency?
If you are experiencing suicidal/homicidal thoughts, and/or severe medication side effects, please do one of the following:
- Call 911
- Go to the nearest Emergency Room
- Go to the nearest Crisis Response Center